Advisor: Mr. KerrIn 1978, the NAEA began the NAHS program specifically for high school students in grades 10-12, for the purpose of inspiring and recognizing those students who have shown an outstanding ability in art. The NAHS strives to aid members in working toward the attainment of their highest potential in art areas and to bring art education to the attention of the school and community.Requirements:
· 90 or higher in Art Classes
· Grade 10-12 are eligible
· 2 teacher recommendations are necessary· 6 hours of arts related community service to be accepted
· You will become part of a distinguished group of over 33,000 art students in 2,971 chapters
· Scholarship opportunities only available to NAHS members for art college
· Opportunity to graduate with NAHS honors
· Institutions of higher education view the NAHS as a mark of accomplishment
· Receive digital NAHS newsletter: http://www.arteducators.org/community/nahs-news
· Opportunities to participate in artistic endeavors throughout the school and community!
· Participation in the induction ceremony
· And much more!