Welcome to Mrs. McCrystal's English 7
Seventh grade is an exciting year. This year is especially exciting since students will experience working with their 1:1 device. Not only will this year help to fine tune what students have already learned and build upon that knowledge, but it will also incorporate new technology as a means of showcasing their knowledge. Naturally there will be new topics covered and a learning curve with the technology, but in general, there will be higher expectations and new responsibilities. With everyone working together, we will have a fabulous year.
Here are some course essentials.
1. Laptops - Laptops will be needed daily. Remember to charge them every night.
2. Utilize planners - record all work responsibilities in them and check them often.
3. Be proactive - study well in advance for tests and quizzes and meet with me for any additional help.
4. Organization - stay on top of all work - tests, quizzes, projects, handouts and directions. Create a system that works for you. Organization is paramount in success.
5. Monthly Calendar - consult monthly calendar weekly to stay on top of work.
6. Vocabulary and Spelling - expect to increase your vocabulary and refine your spelling.
7. Homework - given as needed to reinforce instruction and practice different skills. (Usually not every night and hardly on the weekends.)
8. Extra Credit - given out at the beginning of each quarter. This is optional.