Welcome to Mrs. McCrystal's English 7
Seventh grade is an exciting year. This year is especially exciting since students will experience working with their 1:1 device. Not only will this year help to fine tune what students have already learned and build upon that knowledge, but it will also incorporate new technology as a means of showcasing their knowledge. Naturally there will be new topics covered and a learning curve with the technology, but in general, there will be higher expectations and new responsibilities. With everyone working together, we will have a fabulous year.
Here are some course essentials.
1. Laptops - Laptops will be needed daily. Remember to charge them every night. We will be using Office 365 OneNote as a digital notebook daily. Work will be distributed through this platform and checked through this platform. This will become regular practice and students will become more savvy with the laptops as the year progresses.
2. Be prepared - be sure to have all books, homework, pens, pencils, and assignments in class upon arrival and on time.
3. Utilize planners - record all work responsibilities in them and check them often.
4. Be proactive - study well in advance for tests and quizzes and meet with me for any additional help. Extra Help days are Tuesdays after school.
5. Organization - stay on top of all work - tests, quizzes, projects, handouts and directions. Create a system that works for you. Organization is paramount in success.
6. Monthly Calendar - consult monthly calendar weekly to stay on top of work.
7. Vocabulary and Spelling - expect to increase your vocabulary and refine your spelling.
8. Homework - given as needed to reinforce instruction and practice different skills. (Usually not every night and hardly on the weekends.)