CHEERLEADING NEWS: 4/24/17Attention all 6th, 7th and 8th graders interesting in trying out for cheerleading next season...There will be an informational meeting held on Monday May 1st at 530pm in the High School Cafeteria.All are welcome and encouraged to attend!We will be discussing upcoming preseason practices as well as give information for the up coming evaluation tryout in June and tryouts in August.If you cannot attend the meeting for any reason please reach out and contact Coach Ferrari and she will fill you in on what you missed.Hope to see you all there!SEAFORD CHEERLEADING- INFORMATION FOR THE 2017-18 SEASON:
Hello Everyone! We just wanted to give you all the information you will need moving forward into the upcoming cheerleading season. We look forward to working with you all! If you know anyone else who wants to tryout or you have any questions feel free to contact Coach Ferrari: email@example.com. We encourage everyone interested to come and check it out!
· Any clinics held prior to summer practices are not mandatory and do not reflect on the outcome of your June evaluation.
· Preseason clinics will start Monday May 8th and will be held at the middle school. They will begin at 530pm and end at 730pm. We are hoping the later time will accommodate those in Spring sports who wish to attend.
· They will be held two-three times a week roughly Monday, Thursday, Friday depending on the coach’s availability…you will receive a set schedule at the first clinic.
· A skills evaluation will be held in June that will need to be attended in order for you to have a practice team for the summer before August tryouts.
· NO ONE IS CUT FROM ANY TEAM IN JUNE
· This evaluation consists of a week of learning 4 cheers, 2 dances, jump technique and stunting skills. (usually 2nd or 3rd week in June)
· You will then be evaluated on what you learned at the end of the week.
· The evaluation, along with your grade level, is what the coaches use in order to place you in the proper group (JV, Varsity or Middle School) to work on your skills throughout the summer practices before the August tryout.
SUMMER PRACTICES/AUGUST TRYOUT:
· Each coach has their own flexible practice schedule for the summer. Depending on the team you will be practicing with you will receive a start date and schedule from that coach.
· We understand that it is summer and you go on family vacations…just share the dates you will be away with the appropriate coach so they know not to expect you at those practices.
· Each level of cheer will also be attending a tumbling class that will be set up with PAC. (days and times TBA).
· Summer practices are to get you prepared for the August tryout for JV and Varsity and for the upcoming season. Middle School tryouts will be held the second or third week of September.
· August 16th starts the beginning of the season for JV and Varsity and you will have tryouts sometime within that week. Depending on the coach you might have different material to tryout with.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THOSE WHO WILL BE TRYING OUT FOR VARSITY OR PLACED ON THE VARSITY LEVEL:
· UCA SUMMER Home Camp: Dates July 24th-July 26th in the MS
· UCA Choreography: (MANDATORY) Dates August 27th-29th in the MS