Dear Seaford Families and Students,
In the event that the Seaford School District is closed for an extended period of time, our pupil personnel support team wants to ensure that there is access to Mental Health supports and resources. Please see below for additional information. If you should have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s counselor via email.
Ms. Scordo, School Counselor (email@example.com)
Ms. Cosenza, School Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms. Pimentel, School Counselor (email@example.com)
Mr. Stazzone, School Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Pitkow, School Psychologist (email@example.com)
Ms. Scaturro, School Psychologist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. NYS Office of Mental Health https://omh.ny.gov/
- Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
2. Following are resources that may be helpful in talking to students about the COVID-19:
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
- Fear of Coronavirus- A Good Time to Talk to Kids About Keeping Fears Realistic and Manageable. Lois M. Collins, Deseret News, Jan. 28, 2020
- How Do You Talk to Children About Coronavirus? Stay Honest and Simple to Avoid Anxiety. Gene Myers NorthJersey.com, USA Today, Feb. 28, 2020
- How to Talk to Your Kids About the Coronavirus (and Ease Their Fears). Vivian Manning-Schaffel, NBC News, Updated March 2, 2020
4. The Parent Support Network - Join online for free, confidential and infomral monthly meetings.