Southern States Map Fill in the map with the southern states
Lincoln's 1st and 2nd Inaugural Address Read the documents and answer the questions on page and the questions below.1. According to the text, how did Lincoln want to treat the South?2. Underline words that Lincoln uses to show how he wants to bring the country back together.3. Making and inference: Why doesn't Lincoln brag at winning the war?Interactive Quiz Practice. https://online.seterra.com/en/vgp/3140Lincoln's Assassination VideoReconstruction Plans. https://www.seaford.k12.ny.us/cms/lib/NY01000674/Centricity/Domain/324/Recon%20Plans.pdfSeptember 17/18 Reconstruction Plans Read and highlight the article and fill in the chart on the back page.Presidential Reconstruction Read the quotations and answer the questions.September 20-23 Douglas and Johnson Read, highlight and answer the questions.September 24 Quizzezzzzzzzzzz practice.https://quizizz.com/join/quiz/56cdc2900804ce0d1b5a1757/start?from=admin&parentGame=5d8a1be7e52e5c001a707e2aRadical Reconstruction Using the map answer the questions below.1. Which district was the largest?2. Which has only 1 stste?3. Which state was out the longest?4. Which state was not in a district? Inference: Why not?September 26 Quizizz practice!https://quizizz.com/join/quiz/59b92c89f20428120042413b/start?from=admin&parentGame=5d8cfbc6fe2e1a001a2eb5a6October 2The Impeachment Process Read the chart carefully and answer the questions belowOctober 3rdOctober 4thhttps://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=ZLRXaS0BVEuoFG0JcfJhn0nzRWIqnS1NnesgTJQ_CExUNUtQVFo1Nk5ZOVVRTlVPQ0lRV0c4NEFGTC4uOctober 5th
October 10 Jim Crow Laws Read and highlight then answer the questions attached.
October 11 Plessy V Ferguson Read, highlight and answer the questions.
PLUS: Reconstruction Review sheet....Reconstruction Review Sheet AND,
More Reconstruction review help from Mr. Betts!
October 21 Before the Transcontinental Railroad Read, highlight and answer the questionbs in detail.
October 28 The Ford Motor Company Read, highlight and answer the questions.
October 29 Robber Barons Read, highlight and do the excersise on the last page. Read the directions carefully.
October 31 Inventions Using textbook chapter starting at pg 588, or a computer. Fill in the chart.
November 6 The Changing Labor Force Read, highlight and asnwer the questions based on the graph.
November 7 Early Labor Unions Reasearch the following unions and fill in the chart.
November 14 The Coal Strike of 1902
November 18-19 Muckraker Chart and Questions. Use the reading to fill in the chart and answer the questions.
November 20Thomas Nast Read and highlight the article. Answer all questions at the bottom.
December 3 Progressive Amendments Read the amendments and answer the questions. Complete the chart on the back.
Decomber 10 TR and The Square Deal
2 Great Review Packets for the Progressive Unit Test!
Dec 12 Quizzes practice:
Jan 6 Imperialism Vocab Quiz Thursday, Jan 9th!
Jan 8 NY Journal 1898
Yellow Journalism Read the article and answer the 4 questions.
Jan 14 Annexation Of Hawaii
Jan 16 Open Door Policy Read, highlight and answer the questions below.
1. Describe the impact of the Sino-Japanese war.
2. What was John Hay's Open Door Policy?
3. Why was the U.S. interested in China?
Jan 21 Imperialism quiz practice
Jan 22 Countries of Europe 1914 quiz pracrice. https://online.seterra.com/en/vgp/3480
World War 1 Blank Map Fill in map with major alliances.
Jan 23 The Causes of WWI Nearpod
CLICK ON THE STORY BOARD TO SEE THE ASSAAAINATION OF THE ARCH DUKE!
Jan 27 The Assassination That Changed The World! Read the 2 paragraphs and answer the following questions.
1.Why didn't the eyewitness think that Sophie had been hit?2. What evidence is there that the Archduke was an unselfish man?3. What evidence is there that the Archduke was a brave man?4. Create a newspaper headline reporting the Archduke's death.
Jan 30 Lusitania Read and highlight the article, answer the 2 questions.
Jan 31 Life in The Trenches!
February 3 Woodrow Wilson, School Teacher President Read, highlight answer questions.
WW1 Key Terms. Quiz Thursday!Nationalism, Ethnic group, Militarism, Alliance System, Balance of Power,U-Boat, Propaganda, Revolution, Autocracy, League of Nations,Convoy, Armistice, Kaiser, 14 Points, Treaty of Versailles, Allied Powers(WW1),Mobilization, Ration, Socialist, Pacifist, Zimmerman Telegram,Lusitania, Trench Warfare, Archduke Franz Ferdinand, Central Powers of WW1Key Terms Practice
1. What did Schenck do? Why did he think he did not break the law?
2. What did the court decide?
3. What was the legal reasoning behind their decision?
4. Come up with another situation where speech can be limited.February 24
Wilson's 14 Points Read the article, highlight and answer all 10 questions.
February 27 The Treaty of Versailles
And more practice below!!
February 28 Great review for WW1
March 4 The 1920's Introduction Read and highlight the article. Answer the questions below.
1. Why were the 20's considered "roaring"?
2. What was urbanization?
3. What social issues dominated the 20's?
March 5 Why Didn't Prohibition Work? Read the short article and answer the 3 questions at the bottom.
March 11-12 The Trial of Sacco and Vanzetti
March 13 Scopes Trial
March 19 Susan B. Anthony Print the article. Read and highlight and answer all the questions that follow the reading.
Also, check out the video below!
Also, I am trying to set up a Khan Academy pge for my classes. This is the link to join. let me know how it goes.
March 20 Entertainment in the 20s Read the article. Answer and share the questions with me.
****For Monday, March 23, a link to my class on Quizizz. I'll assign some 1920's practice throughout the week.
March 23 Charles Lindbergh Read the article, answer the questions. Share word document or picture of answers. Watch the video below until the end of the Lindbergh segment. Extra credit! Where did he take off from? Specifically? Text me the answer through Remind.
March 24 Lucky Lindy 2 Read the article, share your answers to the questions in a word doc or take a picture. Also, check out the video below on the Lindbergh baby kidnapping.
How did the FBI finally catch the Kidnapper?
March 25 4 Years of Coolidge Read the article and answer the questions. Share with me or take a picture. Make sure you are getting the Study.com assignments done as I will be recording them on Friday.
March 26 The Depression What Crashed and Why? Read the article and answer the questions. Share with me or take a picture. Also, check out the video below explaining what crashed and why.
Coming up tomorrow, HELLOOOOOOO Great depression! Who can break the record? How can we have hello volunteers? Im looking for ideas to still share the hello during this distance learning. Text me your ideas!
March 27 Happy Friday! Watch the video below and answer the 2 questions. Share them with me by 8pm
1. How high did some of the dust storms get?
2. What eastern cities were impacted by the dust storms?
March 30 1920's Quizizz Click on the link and take the quiz. This will be practice for an upcoming 1920's assessment.
Also, read the article, "A New Deal for Roger." Article Link This article highlights the difference between President Hoover and President Franklin Roosevelt. Answer the questions and share with me by Tuesday at 8pm.
April 2 answer the review questions for extra points on your 20's quiz on Friday! If you have any questions please ask!
GREAT REVIEW OF THE 20s!
April 6 FDR's New Deal Programs Read the article and answer the questions in complete sentences. Share with me or take a picture of responses. This work is due on Wednesday April 8th.
Watch the video and share in a brief paragraph, 3-5 sentences, the main idea of the video. share with me or take a photo of your resonse and email. Due Wednesday April 8th.
April 14 Great Depression/New Deal Review Some notes to help you review the Depression and New Deal.
Also, an excellent review video of the Depression below.
AND....an Ed Puzzle depression review. Check it out! Ed Puzzle Depression Review
April 27 WW 2 Vocabulary Define all the words. There will be a vocabulary Forms quiz on Wednesday April, 29
May 19th The American Home Front Read the articles and answer the questions connected. We will be discussing your responses on Thursday's Zoom session.
May 20 WW 2 Quiz Review
June 1 Cold War Vocabulary Define each word and share with me by 8pm tomorrow June 2nd There will be a Cold War vocabulary Forms quiz on Friday.
DO NOT SCROLL BENEATH THIS LINE!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Presidential Reconstruction Read the quotations and answer the questions attached.
The Union as it was Look at the 4 images and describe what you see. Then look at the cartoon as a whole and come up with a conclusion about what the south looked like during Presidnetial Reconstruction.
Thadeus Stevens, Radical Read the document and answer the questions below.
1. According to the document, what does Stevens' believe the U.S. government owes the freedmen? List specific examples.
2. Describe one "radical" part pf Stevens' speech.
3. How do you think President Johnson viewed Stevens? Use evidence and background knowledge to support your response.
The Freedman's Bureau read the document highlight the document answer the 3 questions.
The 15 Amendment Read the article and answer the questions below. DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ON THE READING!
1. What was the goal of the 15 Amerndment? What was wrong with it?
2. How did Southern states get around the amendment?
3. Why were some Southerners unhappy by what was happening up North at this time?
4. Underline the most interesting sentence.
Andrew Johnson, guilty or not? Read and highlight the 2 arguments and answer the questions below.
1. Describe 2 reasons Johnson should be found not guilty.
2. Describe 2 reasons Johnson should be found guilty.
3. Make a claim, guilty or not guilty. Use evidence from the reading to support your claim.
Plessy v Ferguson Read and highlight only the first page of this reading and answer the questions below.
1. What was the "Separate Car Act?" What was the penalty for breaking this law?
2. Who was Homer Plessy? Describe him.
3. What was the argument against the law?
4. What did the Court decide? So what?
Before and After the Transcontinental Railroad Read and highlight. Answer all the questions.
Inventions Print and bring to class tomorow.
Henry Ford Read and highlight the article then complete the following task.
Claim #1 "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration."
Claim #2 Henry Ford touched the lives of almost every American in his lifetime, and continues to do so today.
Use eveidence in the reading to support one of the claims.
The Unions Act Using text book pages 605-606 fill in the information on the chart.
The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire Read and highlight the document and answer the following questions.
1. According to the text, how did Pauline feel about her job. Evidence.
2. What dangerous conditions existed in the factory?
3. What specific changes could be made to prevent this from happening again?
Triangle Fire Images Study the images and answer the 2 questions below.
1. Explain the historical circumstances that led to the historical development in document 1. (The police officer.)
2. Based on document 2 explain the cartoonist's point of view concerning the Triangle Factory Fire.
Watch video from 16:54 to 20:21
TR and The Square Deal Read the quotations and answer the questions below.
1. Describe the historical circumstances that led to the historical development in prargraph 1.
2. Who is TR referring to when he say, "the fools on Wall Street?"
3. Why does TR use the image of a square in his speech?
11/15 The Jungle Read the book excerpt and answer the questions below.
1. Make a claim abouth conditions of food production. Use evidence.
2. Why did the Jugle upset so may people?
3. Underline the most interesting/disturbing sentence.
The Trial of Susan B. Anthony REad and highlight the artiicle and answer the questions below.
1. Acoording to the text, why does Anthony refuse to follow the law?
2. Using the text, support the claim, That "some laws are made to be broken."
3. How does Anthony react to the fine imposed?
4. Underline the most interesting sentence.
Prohibition Read the article and answer the questions below.
1. According to the document, what are some of the negative impacts of alcohol?
2. How does the author try to convince the reader that alcohol is bad?
3. What is at stake in the battle against alcohol?
Imperialism Map and Questions Lable the map according to the 3 boxes at the top of the first page.
The Debate Over Hawaii Read and highlight the documents and answer the questions below.
1. Acoording to the document, describe 2 arguments for annexation of Hawaii.
2. Describe 2 arguments against annexation of Hawaii.
3. Make a claim for or against annexation.
Spanish/American War Introduction Read, highlight and answer the questions.
Yellow Journalism look at the 2 images and complete the following task.
1. Circle or highlight any negative images of spain.
2. How many times is $50.000 shown on the newspaper cover?
3. Infer: based on the newspaper who sank the Maine?
4. What emotion is the artist/editor trying to bring out in us?
12/18 United States and Asia Read, highlight and answer the 3 questions
12/19 WW1 Map Using page 707 in your textbook, fill in the map. Be sure to color the 2 alliances and neutral nations with different colors like the map in the textbook.
1/2 Causes of WW1 Read and highlight the article and answer the questions below. DO NOT ANSWER THE MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIOSN ATTACHED.
1. What was the immediate cause of WW1?
2. What were the underlying causes of WW1?
3. Why was Europe called a powder Keg?
4. Was this war inevitable?
1/3 WW 1 Vocabulary Using the text book define the words on a separate sheet of paper.
1/4 The Assassination of Franz Ferdinand Read, highlight, complete all activities in the packet.
1/7 Eye witness to Assassination Read the text and answer the questions below.
1. How does the author discover thet Sophie was also hit?
2. What evidence is there that the Rchduke was an unselfish man?
3. What evidence is there that the Archduke was brave?
Life in The Trenches Read the article and answer the 4 questions on the back.
1/10 Life in the Trenches Some eyewitness accounts of life in WW1 trenches.
Also, Woodrow Wilson on the Great War Read the quotation and answer the questions below.
1. What is the main idea of wilson's statement?
2. What words or phrases does he use to get his message accross?
3. Inference: Why did Wilson take this approach to the Great War?
Also, watch until 16:44.
1/11 Woodrow Wilson School Teacher President Read, highlight and answer all the questions completly.
1/17 Lusitania Reading Read and highlight and answer the 2 questions.
1/22 Germany Responds to American Outrage Over The Lusitania Read and highlight the letter and answer the questions below.
1. Describe what the German Government is doing in lines 1-4.
2. List at least 3 reasons the Germans gave for sinling the ship.
3. Was Germany justified in the sinking Lusitania? Why or why not?
4. Underline the most interesting sentence.
1/23 Causes of US entry into WW1 Read, highlight and answer the questions attached.
Watch to 44:28
1/24 Weapons of WW 1 Read, highlight and answer the questions below.
1. Cite eveidence from the text that new weapons were very destructive.
2. Why did both sides use artillary?
3. When might soldiers use bayonets?
4. Which weapon do you think was most destructive? Why?
Also, see below. 2 videos on weapons.
Watch until 20:25
1/25 Over There. Read the song lyrics and answer the question below.
1. How does the song attempt to motivate men to go and fight in the Great war?
1/28 Watch until 41:19
1/29 Wilson's 14 Points Read the article and answer the following questions.
1. What was Wilson's overall hope for the peace process?
2. What was his 14 Point?
3. How did Wilson feel Germany should be treated?
ALSO Read the following terms in the treaty and fill in the chart.
Treaty of Versailles Chart Compare Wilson's ideas for peace with the actual treaty Germany was forced to sign.
1/30 The War to End All Wars? Read the directions carefully. Answer the questions and fill in the chart.
ALSO: Watch to the end.
1/31 Why Didn't the U.S. sign the Treaty of Versailles? Read and highlight and answer the questions below.
1. According to the document, what was the goal of world leaders at the end of WW1?
2. What were the reasons the Senate rejected the treaty?
3. What was the vote in the Senate?
4. How did the public feel about the treaty?
2/7 Stop at 3:38
2/11 Prohibition, Where's the Party Read and highlight, then answer all questions attached.
2/13-14 The Trial of Sacco and Vanzetti Read the play.
2/26 The Scopes Monkey Trial Read and highlight and answer the questions attached. How did the Judges actions at thye trial bias the jury?
Watch until 26:33
2/27 All That Jazz Read and highlight the article and answer all the questions attached.
ALSO.....the biggest movie star of the 20s below.
2/28 Installment Buying
3/6 What Crashed and Why? Read highlight and answer the questions attached.
3/7 We'd Like to Thank You Read the lyrics and descibe the theme of the song. Highlight words that support that theme.
Watch until 44:59
3/12 Fdr's First Inaugural Address Read, highlight and answer the questions attached.
3/13 New Deal Programs Using text book pages 779-783 fill in the chart.
3/14 Letters to FDR Read the excerpts form the letters and answer the questions attached.
3/18 Opponents Of the New Deal Using pages 794-798 fill in the chart. Be sure to answer the question about the Supreme Court on the bottom.
ALSO , Watch until the end.
3/20 The Dust Bowl Read the primary source and answer the questions that follow.
1. What did Harley think the dustr was at first?
2. What caused the static electricity?
3. How did people try to combat the dust?
4. Inference: what caused the Dust Bowl?
ALSO...watch until, 29:30
3/ 21 Court Packing Complete the cartoon analysis
3/25 Social Security Read the excerpt of FDR's speech and answer the questions below.
1. What specific benefits were provided by the SSA?
2. Acoording to FDR, why is this law important?
3. How wil SSA help prevent future depressions?
4. According to the posters, what protections does SSA provide?
3/26 Did the New Deal Fail? Analyze the chart and read the letter and answer the questions below.
1. How high did unemployment get? What year?
2. By 1940 what was the unemployment rate?
3. Inference: what might have caused the extrem drop in unemployment in 1941?
4. Summarize why Mr. Santos thought the New Deal Failed.
4/4 Causes of WW2: Hitler's Actions Read and highlight the article and then fill in the chart in great detail.
4/9 Invasion of Poland Read, highlight and answer the following questions.
1. Describe the German invasion of Poland.
2. Cite evidence of the German belief in physical and racial superiority.
3.What was some of the things that Polish people had to do under German occupation.
ALSO... wtach until 11:57
The Attack on Pearl Harbor Read, highlight and answewr the question in detail.
4/29 DR. Seuss and WW2 Read, highlight and answer the questions.
5/3 Homefront Packet
5/14 Debating the Bomb Read the arguments for and against and answer the questions below.
1. In 2-3 sentences, why was the Bomb the best choice?
2. In 2-3 sentences why shouldn't we have dropped the Bomb?
3. What do you think?
ALSO, watch below.
5/15 War Crimes
ALSO, watch below
5/20 Cold War Map Activity Using google complete all the instructions on the map.
5/21 Cold War Vocabulary Define all the words.
5/29 THE TRUMAN DOCTRIN.
Cold War Packet Read the Iron Curtain Article answer the questions on back.
5/7/19 Rosa Parks Read, highlight and answer all questions
5/10Brown vs. The Board of Ed. Read, highlight, complete task.