CHOOSING A COLLEGE
How do you find that one great college that you want to attend? This question brings to mind many other questions you will need to ask yourself as you search for the college or colleges that fit best with you and your unique interest and abilities.
- Do you want to attend a college close to home or far away?
- Is the size of the college important to you?
- Do you want to live in a big city or is a college in a rural area something you would consider?
- Do you hope to play on one of the college's teams?
- Do you want to be able to write for the school newspaper or perform in their theater program?
- Is the cost of the college a factor?
- Does the college you hope to attend have the major you hope to study?
There are approximately 3,800 colleges and universities in the United States. The process of searching college choices is one that requires many hours of thought, research, and exploration. There are many helpful resources available to you - your parents and family, your guidance counselor and teachers, college guidance books, and college searches such as www.collegeboard.com and www.petersons.com and http://www.actstudent.org.
Choosing a college to attend is an exciting next step in your life. We hope the information provided here will help you as you navigate through the process!
- The Seaford High School Guidance Department
Seaford High School Visits Colleges
Each year, Seaford High School embarks on several trips to colleges in order to offer SHS students the opportunity to see what "college life" is all about. This year, our 9th grade students visited University of New Haven, Iona College, and Adelphi University. Other trips have been to Quinnipiac University, Manhattanville College, Mercy College, and the College of New Jersey.
College Visits to SHS
The Seaford High School Guidance Office is proud to bring college admissions representatives to our school to discuss the opportunities they can offer our students. These events take place on an ongoing basis. For more details, please speak with your counselor or the administrative assistants in the guidance office. The list of colleges/universities that are visiting this fall can also be accessed by all students via their Naviance accounts.