Due 9/13 Reconstruction Vocabulary. Define each word.Reconstruction Vocabulary1. Reconstruction2. Radical3. Moderate4. Black Codes5. Impeach6. Scalawags7. Carpetbaggers8. Sharecropping9. Freedman's Bureau10. Wade Davis Bill11. Poll Tax12. Literacy Tests13. Grandfather Clause14. 13th Amendment15. 14th Amendment16. 15th AmendmentDue 9/14 Reconstruction Read and highlight the article and answer the questions below.1. Why does the author compare the U.S. with Humpty Dumpty? Give examples from the text to support your response.2. Briefly describe Lincon's plans for Reconstruction.3. How did Congress view Lincon's plan? Why? How did they view Johnson's plan after Lincoln died?4. Making an inference: Why do you think Congress hated Jhonson's plan more than Lincoln's?Due 9/19 Read the quotations and answer the questions below. This is a country of white men.Due 9/26 Watch the video below and answer the questions below.
1. What is the Ku Klux Klan? What do they promote? Be specific.
2. When was the Klan formed? What did the Klan hope to do to the newly freed slaves?
3. What might happen to anyone attempting to change things?
4. When did the Klan reach its highest number? Why?
5. How large is the Klan now? Where do they mostly live?
Due 10/3 Thadeus Stevens Radical. Read and highlight the article and answer the attached questions.Due 10/5/17 Watch the video below and answer the questions.1. Which 3 states had disputed election results in 1876?2. How did the government deal with this issue?3. What were the main features of the Compromise of 1877? Be sure to list them all.4. Why was this called the great betrayal?
Due 10/18 Industry Vocabulary
Due 10/19 Watch the Video and answer the questions below.
1. What was Ford's background? How did he feel about horses?
2. What happened to Ford's first 2 companies? When does Ford found the Ford Motor Company?
3. How did Ford change the way cars were made? How much did his cars cost?
4. What was Ford's overall importance?
Due 10/24 Watch the video and answer the following questions.
1. How did the economy change during the Gilded Age?
2. What is a Robber Baron? Who are some of the Robber Barons?
3. What is a Captain of Industry? Do you think Rockefeller and Carnegie were Robber Barons or Captains of Industry?
Due 11/2 Watch the video and answer the questions below.
1. How did George Pullman make his fortune?
2. Why did Pullman think it was a good idea to make his own town?
3. Why did Pullman decide to cut workers wages? What did he do with the rent workers paid?
4. According to Hip Hughes, why isn't it great to be an unskilled worker?
5. How does President Clevland and the government react to the strike? Who does the government usually side with in strikes.
6. List the damage done by the strike in wealth and human injury. What happens to Eugene V. Debs?
Due 11/15 Progressive Vocabulary On a separate sheet of paper define each word.
Due 11/21 Watch the video and answer the questions below. STOP WATCHING AT 8:50 in the video
1. According to Hip Hughs, what is muckraking?
2. What was Upton Sinclair writing about? What did people actually get upset about?
3. What reforms come about because of Sinclair? Laws?
4. How was Riis' book different from others? What was he taking photos of? What was the name of his book?
5. What reforms came about because of Riis?
Due 12/5 Jane Addams Read and highlight the article and answer the attached questions.
Due 12/7 Carrie Nation Read and highlight the article and answer the attached questions.
Due 12/12 Imperialism Vocab Define all the words.
Due 12/19 Spanish American War Read and highlight the article and answer the questions attached.
Due 1/3 Watch the video and answer the following questions.
1. Why did the continued growth of the American Econmy depend on new markets?
2. What did the "open door" notes say? Who were they sent to?
3. Who were the "Boxers?" Why were they called that?
4. What did the Boxers do? How did the Americans respond?
5. What did the second round of Open Door notes declare?
Due 1/9 Causes of WW1 Read andd highlight the article. Answer the questions that follow.
Due 1/17 Woodrow Wilson Reading Woodrow Wilson Questions Read and highlight the article and answer the questions on the sheet.
Due 1/23 America Enters WW1 Read and highlight the article and answer the questions attached.
Due 1/24 America Declares War Read and highlight the article and answer the questions below.
1. According to the author, why did WW1 begin?
2. Why did men in England hurry toe enlist?
3. what were American's views on the war? How did President Wilson feel about it?
4. How was new technology used in the war?
5. What things did the Germans do to outrage Americans?
6. What does President Wilson say we are fighting for? How does congress react to his speech?
7. What does Wilson do and say after his speech?
AN EXCELLENT REVIEW OF WHY THE U.S. ENTERS WW1
Due 1/31 The End of the Great War Read and highlight the article and answer the questions that follow. DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ATTACHED TO THE READING.1. What was President Wilson's main goal now that the war was coming to an end?2. According to the text how did Wilson feel Germany should be treated at the end of the war?3. Describe the overall goal of Wilson's 14 points. What was point 14? What was it intended to do?4. According to the text, how did Wilson feel about the idea of punishing Germany?5. What was Wilson's hope for his 14 points?
Due 2/6 Watch the video and answer the questions that follow.
1. What are the 14 Points?
2. What were the 14 Points meant to say to the Germans?
3. Which point made it into the treaty?
4. What was the war guilt clause?
5. How did the failure of the 14 Points help lead to Hitler?
6. How did checks and balances lead to trouble for Wilson?
7. Why was Article Ten bad?
Due 2/15 1920's Vocabulary Define all the terms not crossed out.
Due 2/27 Sacco and Vanzetti Read, highlight and answer all the questions attached.
Due 3/6 Scopes Trial Read, highlight and answer all the questions attached.
Due 3/7 Charles Lindbergh Read, highlight and answer questions 1-8
Due 3/12 1930s Vocabulary.
Due 3/15 What Crashed and Why? Read, highlight the article and answer the questions attached.
Due 3/19 FDR's Alphabet Soup Print, read and highlight the article and answer the questions attached.
Due 4/10 Define all the terms and people.DictatorTotalitarian Adolf HitlerFascism Mein KampfRation Axis PowersKristallnacht AppeasementHolocaust DisarmamentInternment Camp- Island HoppingPearl Harbor- V-E DayWinston Churchill- Manhattan ProjectAnti-Semitism BlitzkriegMobilization Genocide-Kamikaze Benito MussoliniD-DayDue 4/24 20th Century Monsters Read, highlight and answer the questions attached.Due 4/27 Japanese Internment Read, highlight the artcle and answer the questions below. NOT THE QUESTIONS ATTACHED!1. How did life change for Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor?2. How long did these people have to relocate? What happened to their possessions?3. What were the camps like? Be specific.4. How did the US government apologize?Due 5/9 The Nuremberg Trials Read, highlight and answer the questions.Due 5/15 Cold War VocabularyDue 5/30 Cuban Missile Crisis