Welcome to the Physical Education & Health Department Web Page!The Physical Education Department strives to meet the Learning Standards developed by the State Education Department.Courses offered through the Health Department provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to maintain personal health.Courses Offered: Adaptive Physical Education, Physical Education, Health EducationThe Seaford High School Physical Education & Health Department members are:Kevin Witt - Director of Health, Physical Education & Athletics - Kwitt@seaford.k12.ny.us - 516.592.4351Stephanie Bartkus - SBartkus@mail.seaford.k12.ny.us Click Here to view more details about High School PE on Ms. Bartkus' page.Ralph Pascarella - Varsity Boys Soccer Coach - RPascarella@mail.seaford.k12.ny.usMichael Spreckels - District Athletic Trainer - firstname.lastname@example.orgKrista Ancona email@example.comDianne Dunn firstname.lastname@example.org Manor PE WebpageMichael Corcoran email@example.com
PE 2022-2023 EXPECTATIONS:
- Attendance will be taken 3 minutes after the bell rings. Please sit in your spot and get ready for directions and the warm-up. You will be marked late if you are not in your floor spot by the time we start attendance.
- The school will provide a lock for you. All combinations will be written down by your teacher if you need it, but please write the code in your cell phone’s notes.
- DO NOT SHARE. Please be responsible for locking up your items each day.
- If you lose your lock or it gets stolen, you will be responsible to pay for a new lock.
- Appropriate clothing is mandatory for class credit - sneakers, shorts, sweats, and/or t-shirts.
- NO – jeans, sweaters/button ups, sandals, boots, excessive jewelry, apparel that is revealing or has inappropriate messages.
- Please keep extra clothing for outdoor activities throughout the course of the year, as we tend to stay outside as long as possible.
- Leave your cell phone in your locker. (Not in your pocket.) Be sure to lock it up!
- Texting, picture taking, game playing, or earbuds will not be tolerated.
- If you need to sit out from PE class, you must bring a note from a doctor excusing you from activity. The note should be brought to the nurse, who will then send your PE teacher an e-mail.
- You will receive credit/a grade for class by completing written assignments in the library.
- Do not leave the gym for the bathroom or a drink without getting permission.
- The locker room doors will be locked 3 minutes after the bell.
- At the end of class, please stay in the gym until the bell rings.
- Please do not wander into the gym during your lunch or study halls periods.
- This year we will be implementing an Archery Unit. Please be aware that ALL safety protocols MUST be followed at all times in order to participate.
- Each class will be worth 10 points
- You will be graded based on your preparation (5pts) & participation/character (5pts).
- Grades will be entered by unit (ie. Golf, Badminton, Volleyball, etc.)
- There will be about 3-5 units per quarter.
- Physical Education class is a participation-based class; therefore any missed classes must be made up to earn credit.
- Each class will be worth 10 points
- Class make-ups will be held every week to earn back your 10 points from your excused absence.
- There will be a sign-up sheet each week that must be filled out in order to attend the class make-up session.
Congratulations to our 2022 - 2023 Nassau County Outstanding PE Student Award Winners: Marinna Dupkin & Will Cascio!
Congratulations to our 2022-2023 PE Award Winners:
Grade 9 -
Grade 10 -
Grade 11 -
Grade 12 -
*Overall Excellence -
Congratulations to our 2021 - 2022 Nassau County Outstanding PE Student Award Winners:
Danielle Reid & Anthony Munro
Congratulations to our 2021-2022 PE Award Winners:
Grade 9 - Skyler Secondino & Dylan Brown
Grade 10 - Amanda Williamson, Aidan Calvacca
Grade 11 - Marinna Dupkin & Valen Buszko
Grade 12 - Natalie Villecco & Kyle Stark
*Overall Excellence - Brooke Surace & Matt Garcia*
Congratulations to our 2020 - 2021 Nassau County Outstanding PE Student Award Winners:
GIANA CESARIO & VINCENZO BUFFOLINO
2019-2020 Nassau County Outstanding PE Student Award Winners:
JOLIE KITSINGER AND BEN TRINK
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2019/2020 PE AWARD WINNERS!!
Grade 9: Danielle McHugh & AJ Sainsbury
Grade 10: Annarose Romanelli & Anthony Munro
Grade 11: Abby Kossmann & Vincenzo Buffalino
Grade 12: Jamie McSorley & Andrew Leahy
*OVERALL EXCELLENCE IN PE: Onike Pinnock & Logan Masters*
2018/2019 PE AWARD WINNERS!!
Grade 9: Alysia LoVerde & Matthew Garcia
Grade 10: Taylor Sylvester & Dennis Lynch
Grade 11: Allie McMahon & Logan Masters
Grade 12: Alexa Garcia & Andrew Cuchel
*Overall Excellence in PE* - Julia DiCanio & Matthew Andersen
Nassau County Outstanding PE Student Award: Gina Toscana & Ryan Butler
2017/2018 PE AWARD WINNERS
Grade 9: Anna Butler & Jeffrey Suppa
Grade 10: Jolie Kistinger & Shane Corsi
Grade 11: Lauren King & Michael Vassilio
Grade 12: Nicholas Minerva & Jacqueline Nieman
*Overall Excellence in PE: Julia Siler & Luke Farrant*