• Working Papers


    Blue NYS working papers are available to all students turning 14 years old and looking to get a job. Please see below for NYS working requirements:


    • Issued to youth ages 14 and 15 who plan to work at permitted occupations during vacations or after school hours


    • Not valid for work:
      • In factory workrooms or construction
      • Involving use of prohibited machinery or chemical processes
      • As a helper on a motor vehicle
      • Cleaning, oiling, wiping or adjusting belts to machinery


    What documents are needed for working papers:

    • You will need to have had a doctor's exam within the last 12 months saying you are physically fit. A physical given at a school for sports will count for your physical exam. If you are not sure where you can get a physical, ask your guidance office or call your doctor.

    • You will also need official identification so that you can provide proof of age, such as your birth certificate, a state-issued photo ID, driver's license, or passport.


    Where to get your working papers:


    • Please have your student see Mrs.Castillo in guidance to get all required documents. 


    See https://dol.ny.gov/working-papers for additional information.